Fishing has become a very popular trend and a popular leisure sport these days. More and more people are taking into fishing and as a result, more and more fishing accessories are coming into the market to aid the process. One such fishing accessory is the braided fish line, so make your choice from the list of
These accessories are sure to give you a great experience in fishing altogether and will also help you work up on, on your fishing skills. Here we are going to talk about the different Fishing lines and will get you through some of the best ones available in the markets
**Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can also click links above to check current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
Types of Fishing Lines
There are two different types of Fishing Lines available these days. They are:
SaltWater Fishing Line
This is somewhat specialized for fishing in the salt waters. As the fishes that are found in the salt waters are generally quick and agile these lines are so made that it can be cast quickly and has a high penetration power.
As these lines need to work well in the hot and humid climate the cores are made moderately to considerably stiff for the purpose. The diameter of these lines are also pretty low as the low diameter and light weight allows the line to float on the water as well as show efficient performance altogether.
Freshwater Fishing Line
These lines are designed to give ultimate power and performance and made such that they are capable of running distances. The core unlike the ones of the Salt Water lines is made less stiff as they need to work in cold creeks and areas line that.
The lines are made with higher diameters comparatively and the weight of these lines is also high compared to the salt water ones. This helps to increase the performance and the efficiency of these lines when acting in the freshwater.
Why Should You Choose The Saltwater Or Freshwater Line?
This is a question that many of you might be having in your minds, as to why can’t we use a saltwater line in freshwater and vice versa. The answer is simple. It is not that you cannot use them alternatively for the purpose but the fact is that the efficiency of the performance will get reduced in you do the same.
As already mentioned the saltwater lines, as well as the freshwater lines,
Thus, for the utmost effect and the maximum performance it is best that you use a salt water fish line for fishing in saltwater whereas you take the help of a freshwater fishing line for fishing in creeks, cold springs, and other freshwater areas.
The difference only occurs in the performance and efficiency of the fishing and nothing else. Even though you are a skilled professional, the right choice of a fishing line or some of the related accessories might prove to be helpful for the purpose of fishing. If the right combinations of accessories are not available there are high chances that you will not get the desired results for fishing.
Tips For Fishing Line Care
Some of the tips to take proper care of your fishing lines, be it fresh water or salt water and ensuring that they last long are:
- Do not rough use the fishing line. Never produce jerky motions with the rod, this might affect the lines and they might eventually snap, creating trouble for you.
- Make sure all the parts of the fishing rod are fixed correctly and are right in place before you start using it.
- Give proper attention and care to spooling the thread as otherwise it might get tangled or knotty and might give you a tough time. The thread might also get destroyed in the process.
- Always clean your rod along with the thread with clean water and remove the water as much as possible before keeping it away for later use.
- If you are using it for salt water, ensure that there is no deposition of salt when you are keeping it away.
- If possible remove all the parts of the rod and keep them separately for later use.
Braided Fishing Line Reviews: Top 5 Best Braided Fishing Line For The Money
This is one of the popular Fishing lines used by anglers these days. This Fishing line combines technology and strength and makes the line suitable for fishing all kinds of fishes, be it small or large ones and of any type.
The braided Fishing line has been designed to give the ultimate approach to success in fishing.
- It is easy to reel.
- The fishing line has a perfect balance of size as well as weight.
- It is easier to reel with the inbuilt cutter that reduces the mess that you generally tend to make while reeling.
- Strong and the chances of snapping while fishing is reduced considerably.
- The box helps to store and protect the excess line in the spool and keeps it suitable for future use.
- The no stretch nature of the lines makes it even more efficient for the purpose.
- The diameter of the line is just suitable for getting through all kinds of water bodies with the utmost ease.
- The thin parts of the braided line should be spooled carefully so that it does not snap or break off.
- The sharpness of the line might be troublesome for beginners as they are not so efficient in spooling yet.
- This braided fishing line is a little overpriced compared to the kind of performance it shows.
This fishing line has been designed very creatively and tactfully keeping in mind the requirement of the users. The moss green color of the line is such that it gets concealed easily and the performance is increased all the more.
This fishing line more advanced than you can think of.
- The moss green color of the line is so appropriate that the fishing line gets almost concealed among the seaweeds and mosses and proves to be good bait for the fishes.
- The color-lock facility lasts long for years and is suitable for the purpose of fishing.
- The microfibers are made of polymers that are treated specially and such that you can have a smooth and round finish and the chances of sharp edges are taken care of.
- The weightless
spoolis really convenient for carrying around and reeling.
- The improved technology is up to 30% stronger.
- In this special Fishing line if you do not know the accurate method of reeling then the thread might get really knotty and might get spoilt and wasted to some extent.
- The spool sometimes gets tightened under tension and this makes it difficult for the fishing line to move in and out of the reel and hence, in turn, reduces the ease of access and the efficiency of fishing.
This company brings forth different lengths of fishing line suitable for your purpose. The 150 yards, 300 yards, and 547 yards are each meant to suit your requirement and you can choose according to the place you are going for fishing.
Whether it is deep water or shallow waters
- The different lengths of the finishing lines are capable of catering to versatile use of fishing lines and guide you through the whole process of fishing irrespective of which place you are going for fishing.
- The zero stretch nature of this line makes it very sensitive and it can detect even the slightest pull or weight under water.
- Made with 8 powerful strands and together they bring about a great product.
- The fiber used is very strong and extremely efficient in its performance.
- It is abrasion resistant and has high knot strength.
- One of the most reported troubles faced by people using this fishing line is the reeling. Especially for old people, getting the thread through the tiny whole becomes a matter of real concern.
- The price paid off this braided fishing line is also more compared to other similar materials available in the markets today.
KastKing has known to be a very popular fishing accessory selling brands so far and their fishing lines are pretty popular among all those fishing enthusiasts out there.
KastKing has made use of polyethylene fiber very judiciously to give rise to strong bonds and a tough fishing line. The price at which this product is sold is a market is simply amazing.
- The stretch of this fishing line is zero and thus the strength and the sensitivity of the line are also pretty high compared to its counterparts.
- The smoothness of the fiber gives a better casting strength altogether for the fiber and will help you to fetch fishes that are farther away.
- There are huge varieties of colors available that will help you sail through the different water conditions and make the most out of it.
- The fibers are abrasion and friction resistant and make it really suitable for the purpose of casting in deep waters.
- This is suitable for professionals and serious anglers.
- Some of the users of this product have complained about the frayed nature of the braids.
- Sometimes the thread tends to get tangled and it is difficult to spool.
This is another popular fishing line available today. It is mainly known for its strength and abrasion resistant nature so far.
- The TGP(TM) technology makes sure that the fishing line is color resistant and hence the color of the line can be retained for a long period of time and the line can be used effectively.
- The castability of the line is known to improve over time.
- The 8 fibers are braided in a smooth fashion and give the ultimate penetration ability for the line.
- The line vibration is reduced and the casting distance and the accuracy of the angling
istaken care of.
- There are as many as 32 weaves per inch and that makes it even more strong and efficient.
- The sensitivity and the waterproof nature of this line are also worth a mention.
- This fishing line is actually known to be more costly that the benefits it has to offer.
- Spooling this fishing line might be a little troublesome at times as it tends to get tangled and knotty while spooling.
- Sometimes some coating tends to get deposited on the line as well which is difficult to remove and hinders in the performance of the fishing line.
There are a number of factors that affect the selection of an appropriate fishing line. The main among them is the place where you are going for fishing whether it is freshwater or saltwater. Make sure you assess and judge all the factors before you make your choice about the fishing line that suits your need the best.
There are wide varieties of prices at which these fishing lines are available as well as of different lengths. So make your selection for the best braided fishing line after considering each and every aspect.